Friday, July 24, 2015

Save 15% at H&M and save a landfill while you're at it

Well, my girls just went off to sleepaway camp and boy my house is quiet!  My son is home but I think it's tougher for one kid to make noise.

Before they left, we bought a bunch of not so frugal last minute items like batteries, a flashlight, and clothes.  However, on the check out line at H&M, my husband noticed that you can get 15% off your next purchase if you donate bags of clothes and textiles regardless of its condition. (Which they presumably transform into new clothes.  Some of their children's clothing line is made with recycled textiles.) 

As it so happens, I am a big believer in recycled textiles and always donate bags of our stained and ripped clothing. There are drop off sites throughout the city.  I frequent the ones at the Union Square farmers market and Tompkins Square Park Farmers market.  I even had bags loaded up at my front door for another donation.  So, the next day two of the kids and I dropped off bags of clothes to H&M. We received three coupons for 15% off expiring August 2016!!! Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment