Sunday, June 28, 2020

Covid Accomplishments


Here are my shoes, so far, that I purged.
 It's just a drop in the bucket, but it's something.


I have a very long list of less common, but necessary housekeeping things to do.  Here are a few of the weird, but useful projects I completed on Covid quarantine:

* Washed the kitchen ceiling. The ceiling was filthy and had stains and splatters on it. The other day I took my Swiffer mop and put on a microfiber rag (purchased in bulk on Amazon) which was soaked in water and dishwashing liquid. I then, turned the mop upside down and mopped the ceiling. It worked perfectly. I definitely need to paint the ceiling but this way there are no stains or dirt highlighted.

* Cleaned and organized the junk drawer.

* Cleaned and organized the tool box.

* Touched up the scratches on the wood furniture in the home with dollar store furniture markers. Such a difference!!

* Had the handyman repair the captain bed drawer fronts and drawers and shore up the loft bed. (The repairs were beyond our meager abilities.)

* Asked the handyman to repair the microwave handle that broke off. He was unable to fix it, then it stopped working altogether.

* Purchased a new dishwasher and over the range microwave. We comparison shopped and then went to the cheapest appliance store who came in well under the prices we had. It's been YEARS since our dishwasher died.  The handyman installed it lickety split and even took out and discarded the old one. (He needs to return with a helper to install the microwave.)

* Shelves above the pantry collapsed. Hubs was able to do the repair himself! Woo hoo!

* Organized several drawers of clothing.

* Bought two pair of like new sneakers for about $7 each. Score!

* And, last but not least, I went through my shoes and organized them and got rid of 8 1/2 pairs! (I can only find one shoe of set so that is the "half".)  It's amazing how many pairs of shoes I own.  The funny thing is I only wear a couple on a regular basis. There are a few more that may still end up in the toss pile.


No comments:

Post a Comment