Monday, March 16, 2015

Thank You, Go Project

I was sure no one would show up. But I was wrong.  Not only did folks show, but they were a fantastic audience.  We all shared ways to save and commiserated on the challenges.

One particular ah-ha moment was when a participant said she begrudgingly returned a blouse which would have otherwise gone back to her family and friends in her home country. I made the observation that perhaps those family and friends would have appreciated the cash from the clothes better. Plus, who's to say that the family and friends have your same taste and your size. Not to mention, that with the refund money you could get many more clothes from a rummage sale or thrift store. These ideas really resonated with folks since many participants also send boxes back home.  Sometimes it takes looking at a dilemma at a different angle.

I have no idea who wrote this, but it makes my heart sing that someone really had so many nice things to say about the workshop. I am so happy he or she enjoyed the program!!

No comments:

Post a Comment