Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Be open to what's available

You won't belive what my son and I came across while walking home yesterday (and even the week before). The CVS near my house was discarding huge bags filled with awesome usable, non-expired and in excellent condition household goods.

Yesterday just a few of the things we found were a pack of Scott toilet tissue perfectly wrapped in its packaging, 7 bags of Lindt chocolates, 3 Ghirardelli bags, and 3 Toblerone chocolates.  All perfectly good, unopened and unexpired. I'm guessing maybe it was leftover from Easter and Valentine's. 

There were also several bags in Easter packaging of York Peppermint Patties, various boxes and brands of Bandaids, a lint roller, Arizona ice tea, and much more. I tossed a couple items when I got home that were missing caps and cleaned off anything that may have gotten dirty.

The week before I scored Oreo cookies, a couple of boxes of Frosted Flakes cereal, and Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies. My kids were loving it because I never buy that stuff. I did manage to get one healthy item--Quaker multigrain cereal for me.  (I've been having it for breakfast since got it.)

Keep those eyes open. You never know what you'll find.

No comments:

Post a Comment