Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Frugal in the Office!!!

My office did not have any office supply holders that met my needs. Basically I wanted, er needed, paper and binder clip holders and pencil and post-it holders. Nothing fancy or exotic.  So what did I do??? I used my creativity and trash. You read that correctly--trash.

On Take Your Child To Work Day, my kiddos surprised me by decorating with duck tape my stapler and tape dispenser. Since they did such a great job at home, I asked them to decorate a spare container so I can use that as a pencil and pen holder. The lid is used as a post-it holder. From my apartment building I found two awesome small glass pimento jars with lids (baby food jars would have worked too). 

Finally, the tray was salvaged (with it's maroon insert) from a container holding candies a co-worker provided to the office as a treat. I took the tray that was bound for the garbage. I didn't know what, but I was sure my kiddos or I could find a great use for it.

I love the final results. Check it out:


No comments:

Post a Comment