Wednesday, August 17, 2016

How I spent National Thrift Shop Day

Today is National Thrift Shop Day and I celebrated with spree at Goodwill. I'm usually not that successful at this particular location but I was in the nabe so I *HAD* to go in. Lol.

I scored a cute pair of black Franco Sarto heels, a perfect condition Nourishing Traditions book, a vegetarian crock pot cookbook, and Eat This, Not That book. All for about $11.  Plus, folks from the Goodwill home office were there running promotions. They gave me a nice canvas bag with some fun freebies.

Then, I walked on over to Staples to "celebrate" their Teacher's Appreciation Day. Since we homeschool one of my youguns, I scored an envelope of school supply swag.  After that, I strolled through Union Square's farmer's market for some free samples. Delish!  And, guys were handing out free Time Out New York magazines, so I got that too.  :)

Unfortunately, it wasn't all rainbows and unicorns.  Later that afternoon my Metrocard fell out of my phone case (time to get a new case). The card had over $13 on it.  I did use my WageWorks commuter card which is loaded with pretax money to refill my new card. Plus, I grabbed a discarded Metrocard by the swipey-thing so I wouldn't have to pay the $1 fee to get a new card.  We'll guess what, the found card had $3 left on it! I'm guessing a nice tourist left it there since they wouldn't need it anymore.  Thank you anonymous card-leaver.


Check out my score, it doesn't include the free food samples (grin) or the Time Out New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment