Monday, April 17, 2017

Garden Day!!

Yesterday was a BEA-TI-FUL day.  Warm, but not too warm.  Sunny, but not too sunny.  Perfect!!  And, how did I take advantage of such a day?  I attacked my garden, AGAIN.  (And, I liked it!)

I planted my new seedlings (Brussel sprouts and strawberries).  Tilled and planted a new area for Alaska peas.  I've never had much success on planting from seeds, but I've heard that peas are pretty easy, so I gave it a try.  And, since I'm woefully short on plantings this year, I opted to plant from seed some cucumbers.  Four rows of cukes.  And, parsley seeds planted from a PJ Library promotion.  I also made fancy signs for many of my new plants (Duct tape, Sharpie, stick).  Really, the garden doesn't look that good yet.  I'd like to attach some photos, but I think they'll be blah.

I also intend to plant some flowers from seeds in the community part of the garden to pretty it up.

Oh, I keep finding small pieces of garbage, fruit stickers, shards of GLASS and various other unacceptable trash in and around the garden area.  The garden is in the communal backyard where lots of folks picnic, snack and play, so it's not surprising do find the errant wrapper. But, GLASS???  I know, I know, one bottle breaks an it leaves a million shards. But, yuck! It's not a lot, but enough to annoy me.


No comments:

Post a Comment