Sunday, April 16, 2017

Recycling...


OMG, I am such a geek.  I love composting.  It's such a great way to make something fantastic (fabulous soil) out of something that is not only not wanted, but causes stress on the ecosystem.  Here's some shots I took at Union Square a while back when there was a little snow left on the ground.  You see how many bins there are (and there were many more that didn't get in the photo), I'm not the only freak-a-zoid that participates in this goodness.

Oh, today, I knocked on the door of several local establishments (one deli, one restaurant, and one coffee place--not Starbucks, but I would have asked them, if they were closer).  And, what pray-tell did I ask???  I requested their used coffee grounds, which would be otherwise be put in the trash.  But, my bad timing meant that only I got only one batch of coffee grounds.  I think it was enough though.  However, since I'm a compost-aholic, and just purchased blueberry bushes (which are acidic lovin') and thrive on coffee grounds, I sprinkled and buried the coffee grounds in and around the bushes.  More on my blueberry bushes later...


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... service

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent website you have here, so much cool information!.. service

    ReplyDelete