Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Update on the Plastic Bag Challenge

As you may recall, I gave myself the challenge to greatly reduce (or even stop entirely) the receipt of plastic bags when shopping.  What this means to me is that I will strive to not get more plastic bags via shopping.  I'd say it's been pretty successful.  While I use plastic bags, I TRY not to get new ones.  Though I have ended up getting new ones now and again, it's by far the exception. Typically, I rarely buy plastic bags--zip lock, garbage bags, etc.  Not that I would never buy or use a "new" zip lock bag, but I don't like single use products, especially when there are usually other options available.  So I haven't purchased any one-time use plastic bags since before the challenge began.

So, I've been carrying around currently owned plastic bags with me along with at least two cloth bags.  Let's face it, plastic bags are darn useful.  They keep stuff together, and often prevent liquids and other messy foodstuffs to spill all over the place when travelling.  I've been able to use the current storehouse of bags from my house or office.  (My dh likes to add to our stockpile, I can't seem to break him of the habit. Boo hoo.)

I'll continue to strive to greatly reduce even more my personal and family plastic bag footprint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment