Sunday, February 15, 2015

Summer Shoes

We suddenly needed our swim shoes ie: fake crocs and flip flops since we were going to an indoor water park. Yay for me to have organized the shoes so they were easily accessible in February!!!  I put all of my son's shoes in an over the door shoe rack.  The girls had their summer shoes in a bin in their closet. It wasn't perfect since not all of the girls shoes had mates and their feet had grown significantly since summer. But it was not too bad to find what they needed.  (Sometimes that happens!!!)

I brought my ratty old sliders that are falling apart in the foot base.  Too bad too since the rest of it is in good condition. But, it was never a particularly attractive shoe to start out with. I have to replace it but I'm funny with shoes. It's hard for me to find a pair that I like, fits, and is not too much moolah. One of these days I will.

The repair:

My husband has a pair of crocs but the strap broke.  So this past summer he purchased a replacement pair but it was too small.  So finally, yesterday I removed one strap from the too small new shoe and put it in the well fitting old shoe. Yes, I know, black shoe, brown strap. And, the other shoe is all black. Wondering if I should leave well enough alone or at least do the other shoe too to make it seem intentional.  What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment