Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Frugal Move of the Day

This will be a regular feature of Frugal Living NYC.  Periodically, I will include "Frugal Move of the Day" which refers to a particular cheapskate (lovingly stated!) action to save money or get by on less...much less.

Though I am quite proud, I am a little surprised that for my first post in this feature, I am including My Husband's Frugal Move of the Day.  Note that he has not always been frugal, in fact, it's been Y.E.A.R.S in training.  And, the training is NOT complete, however, obviously it is coming along nicely.

For his FMOTD (drum roll please) he paid his NYC parking ticket (that he was unable to get out of even though the ticket was written incorrectly--but so glad he made the effort) with points our bank has for a promotion.  It's some freebie that our bank has that you can use accrued points (not sure how one earns them or what they can be used for) for various purchases.  Well, thank you, Bank.  I don't think this was the original purpose of the points, but it's like free money.  Not that I'm glad he got the ticket, but at least we didn't have to pay for the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment