Friday, January 23, 2015

Human Pin Cushion

My right ear!


I bet you are wondering...what the heck!!  Well, I took a couple of selfies at my last acupuncture appointment.  How is this frugal?  Wellness is always a smart choice.  Plus, cost effective.  The treatments (if out of pocket) are cheaper than a Western doctor.  The teas and other remidies are also much cheaper.  Also, the price of feeling healthy, is well...priceless.  

I've found that acupuncture to be much better alternative to traditional Western medicine for my migraine treatment.  I've been suffering from migraines since I was a kid and they gotten progressively  more frequent as I aged.  I was getting debilitating migraines 6 to 7 times a week, was put on all sorts of daily meds that had lots of unpleasant effects and I STILL got migraines on top of that.  I even tried high doses of magnesium, B2, butterbur and more at the recommendation of my neurologist.  Nothing had a long lasting effect.  Then a friend said she was going to an acupuncturist for her gastro problems and I decided to give it a try.  After about 8 sessions I had dropped from having migraines 6 times a week to 3 or less!!  I still have a neurologist, and still take meds when I get migraines, but for me, acupuncture really made a big difference.  I've also been trying new things too, like medicinal teas and daily herbs. 


And my feet.


If you get migraines, I strongly suggest you go to a neurologist.  Everyone is different and the causes and cures differ for each person.  Plus, there may be some serious, life threatening reasons why you are getting migraine.  Get checked out, make sure it isn't anything serious, then go from there.  If you haven't already, keep a migraine calendar and note what time of day, foods you ate, if you are having your period, and anything noteworthy.  Eventually, you will probably see a trend and a great place to start to managing your migraines.  Good luck.  Let me know how you are doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment