Monday, January 26, 2015

Let it snow

Here in NYC it's a bona fide snow day. "They" predicted snow, the governor told everyone to stay off the roads, schools announced closures in advance for tomorrow, and I even got out of work early due to the weather.

I walk to work in most weather including snow and rain and just bundle up.  It's somewhere between a one and two mile trek to work. I wear Cabella's rain pants (among the best $20 I ever spent), Totes snow boots ($8 from a fabulous kid's resale shop in central NJ), winter coat (it just appeared in my closet), gloves, a funny looking but warm hat, and an umbrella. I went to work this way, walked to my kid's school to retrieve him another one to two miles, then we both walked back one to two miles. Great exercise. Fun. Free. And, there were no busses in sight anyway even if we wanted to take mass transit.

My husband store is closed for tomorrow too so he'll be home with the kids. Tomorrow, I'll probably be the only one in the office.  Why waste a vacation day? And, it's kinda nice to have quite too.

No comments:

Post a Comment