Monday, January 12, 2015

The Good News and Bad News of My Latest Ice Skating Trip

The good news:  I had a really nice time with my oldest child ice skating this past Sunday. We don't get to spend as much on-on-one time together so, it was especially nice to spend the morning with her. Plus, it was a beautiful day and not too cold.  Check out the cool picture of the frozen fountain!

The bad news:  We just bought skates for her at a used sporting good store while visiting relatives in Ohio. She tried them on there and they seemed fine. However, at the ice skating rink they were very uncomfortable and we ended up having to rent skates after all which cost more than the skates we just bought. :(  And, my hot chocolate which I made that morning from scratch and brought along in my trusty Thermos didn't come out great either.  Boo!  My popcorn was tasty though. 

This is my fourth time ice skating this season.  Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment