Monday, January 26, 2015

The Jar of Savings

Here's the story...my dining room chairs are mostly all broken. This is our only eating space in the home, so having working chairs are important.  Lol.  I thought I'd just replace the chairs but I can't find any that coordinate.  The set is a Calligaris brand which is mid century modern.  It was never really my taste but I liked that it had a hidden leaf inside and you just pull it out to double the size.  The other day at Costco I saw a really nice set with a hidden leaf (it doesn't pull and click in one move like mine but it is stored under the table which is great).  It has eight chairs and the style is one I really like however, it's ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!  It's probably a good deal, but it's still a lot of molah. (I've scoured the internet including Craigslist and cannot find a set I like that is less money.) So, I've started a dining room table and chair fund. So far I added the $10 I earned from selling one set of the kids' old ice skates. It's a start.  Also, I want to teach my kids how to save up for things.  Sometimes you just have to wait to get what you want.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment